Spicy Shrimp Burger w/Ginger Mayo Cocktail Sauce Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
3 cups biscuit mix
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup butter milk
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup club soda
1 cup shredded triple cheddar cheese (Sargento)
1. Preheat oven 425 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until soft dough forms. Then dust work surface with flour and scrape dough on work surface. Knead dough by hand until smooth. Pat dough flat about 3/4" and use a 3" biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. If you are "Old School", then use your favorite glass to cut your biscuits shapes. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
3. While biscuits are baking, melted 3 tablespoons of butter in the microwave oven for about 30 seconds. Then set aside.
4. When biscuits are done, pour melted butter over them and serve.
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Fragrant, fresh and full of flavor. Here’s a salad with a tangy/spicy mixture of Tandoori seasonings with potatoes and garbanzo beans. Fresh mint and parsley complements the Tandoori seasonings. If you love Indian spices you will love this potato salad. Serve it with chicken, steak, pork ribs or your favorite seafood. It’s an elegant side dish.
Servings: 6 - 8 cook time: 5 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- 3 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes (about 5) peeled and cut into bite sizes
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drain
- 3 hard-boiled egg, diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (hold little for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint (hold a little to combine with parsley for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 4 tablespoons Tandoori Spice Seasoning (see note)
Note: How to make Tandoori Spice seasoning
(2) Teaspoons of each combine together and you may store in a plastic container to use on meats as well.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Ginger
- Cayenne pepper
- Curry powder
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salt water for 5 minutes, or until just tender (pierce potatoes with a small sharp knife, if comes away easily the potatoes are ready). Drain and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl make dressing, combine rice vinegar, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and mustard. Mix well then add agave nectar and tandoori spice seasoning. Blend and set aside.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, place them in a large bowl and add garbanzo beans, red onions, garlic, celery seeds, diced eggs, fresh parsley and mint, reserving a little for garnishing. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to combine, without breaking the potatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with red pepper flakes, parsley and mint. Refrigerate until ready to serve.